Wishes and plans, can they co-exitst? Can I wish I had a plan that was going to give me the success I want to experience with this journey? Can I plan to keep wishing that it will happen? I think the previous is probably the path I have been journeying down for quite some time now. I have been wishing it away, my spoiled self was going to wake up one morning and God was going to magically make the pounds go away over night.
So today in Chapter 3 Lysa talks about making/finding a food plan that works for you. I think there in lies the key - it has to work for you. It has to be something I am willing to embrace for the rest of my life. With that being said, I am going to have to venture from what I learned to be called red light foods at WW. Red light foods are foods that you just can't have or they will start a binge.
I can't imagine my life without ever having ice cream, reese peanutbutter cup, bread, chocolate - though have found a great way to have this with my coffee, wings, or any of those other "off limits" foods that people who are "dieting" can't have. This is where I agree with WW, it can't be a diet, it has to be a lifestyle. I believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and this is what I believe - with my whole heart. I don't think I have a physical addiction (such as alcoholism or drug addiction), I think I use food to pacify myself and once I get to the root of my issues I believe God will give me what I need.
My food plan is everything in moderation, with an emphasis on the "outside of the grocery store" and less on the pre-packaged and processed foods. I want to want the fruits and veggies. I have a much easier time with fruits than the veggies. I also need to up my protein intake. The one food I cannot give up in the summer is corn on the cob, so a complete elimination of carbs is pretty much out of the question.
So what am I going to do??? My current plan is to continue building my climbing wall to my Want to so that I can get to a healthy and sustainable weight and take care of the my Holy Spirit's temple and continue walking with God.
No comments:
Post a Comment